Knowing your self-worth is sometimes hard. Especially as it seems society tells you that your self-worth comes from what others think of you. Which is not true.
The true way to know your self-worth is by changing the way you see yourself. You need to start valuing yourself and your accomplishments, no matter what anyone else says or thinks.
We have gathered a list of know your self-worth quotes that will help you see yourself the way you ought and start valuing yourself.
113 Know Your Self-Worth Quotes
1.”Know your worth! People always act like they’re doing more for you than you’re doing for them.” – Kayne West.
2. “Self-worth comes from one thing – thinking that you are worthy.” – Wayne Dyer
3. “Too easy to get = Just as easy to forget.” – Mandy Hale.
4. “Don’t live down to expectations. Go out there and do something remarkable.” – Wendy Wasserstein.
5. “For what it’s worth… it’s never too late, or in my case too early, to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit. Start whenever you want. You can change or stay the same.” – The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.
6. “Don’t try to prove anything about yourself to anyone. It isn’t necessary. Your worth shines through to others- know your worth.” – Alexandra Stoddard.
7. “It is an absolute human certainty that no one can know his own beauty or perceive a sense of his own worth until it has been reflected back to him in the mirror of another loving, caring human being.” – John Joseph Powell.
8. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, and how you can still come out of it.” – Maya Angelou.
9. “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” – Lao Tzu.
10. “Never settle for anything less than you want.” – PJ Harvey.
11. “We cannot think of being acceptable to others until we have first proven acceptable to ourselves.” – Malcolm X.
12. “When you understand that your self-worth is not determined by your net-worth, then you’ll have financial freedom.” – Suze Orman.
13. “The promises of this world are, for the most part, vain phantoms; and to confide in one’s self, and become something of worth and value is the best and safest course.” – Michelangelo.
14. “The moment you feel you have to prove your worth to someone is the moment to absolutely and utterly walk away.” – Alysia Harris.
15. “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale.
16. “Know your worth, hold your own power, be you.” – Morgan Harper Nichols.
17. “You must find the courage to leave the table if respect is no longer being served.” – Tene Edwards.
18. “Self-worth is everything. Without it, life is a misery.” – Julie Walters.
19. “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” – M. Scott Peck.
21. “If you had to choose only two qualities to get you through times of change, the first should be a sense of self-worth and the second a sense of humor.” – Jennifer James.
22. “With realization of one’s own potential and self-confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world.” – Dalai Lama.
23. “If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is too.” – T. Harv Eker.
24. “It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures.” – Oprah Winfrey.
25. “Self-talk reflects your innermost feelings.” – Dr. Asa Don Brown.
26. “Every word, facial expression, gesture, or action on the part of a parent gives the child some message about self-worth. It is sad that so many parents don’t realize what messages they are sending.” – Virginia Satir.
27. “Never forget that once upon a time, in an unguarded moment, you recognized yourself as a friend.” – Elizabeth Gilbert.
28. “Love of others and love of ourselves are not alternatives. On the contrary, an attitude of love towards themselves will be found in all those who are capable of loving others.” – Erich Fromm.
29. “The journey is valuable, but believing in your talents, your abilities, and your self-worth can empower you to walk down an even brighter path.” – Soledad O’Brien.
30. “You need never feel inferior. You need never feel that you were born without talents or without opportunities to give them expression.” – Gordon B. Hinckley.
31. “It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels worthy of himself and claims to be kind to the great God who made him.” – Abraham Lincoln.
32. “As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
33. “Women must learn to find self-worth within themselves, not through others. It is important to carve out a place just for you.” – Georgette Mosbacher.
34.”One’s dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can never be taken away unless it is surrendered.” – Michael J. Fox.
35. “Love yourself and be awake – today, tomorrow, always. First, establish yourself in the way, then teach others, and so defeat sorrow.” – Gautama Buddha.
36. “Self-love, my liege, is not so vile a sin, as self-neglecting.” – William Shakespeare.
37. “Chasing a person doesn’t give you value or build values in you. You earn your value by chasing morality and practicing dignity.” – Shannon L. Alder.
38. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
39. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha.
40. “The deeper you love yourself, the more the universe will affirm your worth. Then you can enjoy a lifelong love affair that brings you the richest fulfillment from inside out.” – Alan Cohen.
41. “Before, I thought I was actually fighting for my own self-worth; that is why I so desperately wanted people to like me. I thought they liked me, but it was a comment on me.” – Hugh Prather.
42. “We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies.” – Roderick Thorp.
43. “You need to love yourself. Love yourself so much to the point that your energy and aura rejects anyone who doesn’t know your worth.” – Billy Chipata.
44. “Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life.” – Golda Meir.
45. “Sometimes the hardest part of the journey is believing you’re worthy of the trip.” – Glenn Beck.
46. “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves.” – Marie Curie.
47. “I believe becoming healthy and working out saved my life by giving me the confidence and self-worth to achieve my goals.” – Kim Lyons.
48. “Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” – Malcolm S. Forbes.
49. “Why should we worry about what others think of us? Do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?” – Brigham Young.
50. “The golden opportunity you are seeking is in yourself. It is not in your environment; it is not in luck or chance, or the help of others; it is in yourself alone.” – Orison Swett Marden.
51. “Many of us harbor hidden low self-esteem. We deem everything and everyone more important than ourselves and think that meeting their needs is more important than meeting our own. But if you run out of gas, everyone riding with you will be left stranded.” – T. D. Jakes.
52. “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein.
53. “Low self-esteem is like driving through life with the handbrake on.” – Maxwell Maltz.
54. “Our sense of self-worth is the single most important determinant of the health, abundance, and joy we allow into our lives.” – Dan Millman.
55. “There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will be to treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity.” – Nathaniel Branden.
58. “A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.” – Mark Twain.
59. “Strong people have a strong sense of self-worth and self-awareness; they don’t need the approval of others.” – Roy T. Bennett.
60. “Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.” – Rumi.
61. “You will repeatedly feel like giving up on your goal. Do not ever give up.” – Avinash
62. “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.” – Robert Morley
63. “I’m simply reminding you that you’re worth more than what you’ll find at the bottom of a bottle.” – Myra McEntire
64. “Loving yourself isn’t vanity. It’s sanity.” – Katrina Mayer
65. “Only make decisions that support your self-image, self-esteem, and self-worth.” – Oprah Winfrey
66. “When you understand that your self-worth is not determined by your net worth, then you’ll have financial freedom.” – Suze Orman
67. “If you want to improve your self-worth, stop giving other people the calculator.” – Tim Fargo
68. “Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your handbrake on.” – Maxwell Maltz
69. “We sabotage the great things in our lives because deep down we don’t feel worthy of having the great things.” – Taressa Riazzi
70. “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.” – Wayne W. Dyer
71. “Loving yourself isn’t vanity. It’s sanity.” – Katrina Mayer
72. “Your net worth is not the same thing as your self-worth. Your value is not based on your valuables.” – Rick Warren
73. “Love yourself. Be clear on how you want to be treated. Know your worth. Always.” – Maryam Hasnaa
74. “You must find the courage to leave the table if respect is no longer being served.” – Tene Edwards
75. “Sometimes you have to be alone to truly know your worth.” – Karen A. Baquiran
76. “Your soul is attracted to people the same way flowers are attracted to the sun. Surround yourself only with those who want to see you grow.” – Pavana
77. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
78. “Strong people have a strong sense of self-worth and self-awareness. They don’t need the approval of others.” – Roy T. Bennett
79. “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
80. “Self-love, my liege, is not so vile a sin, as self-neglecting.” – William Shakespeare
81. “Every woman that finally figured out her worth has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change.” – Shannon L. Alder
82. “A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.” – Mark Twain
83. “Sometimes the hardest part of the journey is believing you’re worthy of the trip.” – Glenn Beck
84. “It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures.” – Oprah Winfrey
85. “Self-love is an ocean and your heart is a vessel. Make it full, and any excess will spill over into the lives of the people you hold dear. But you must come first.” – Beau Taplin
86. “Self-worth comes from thinking that you are worthy.” – Wayne Dyer
87. “Chasing a person doesn’t give you value or build values in you. You earn your value by chasing morality and practicing dignity.” – Shannon L. Alder
88. “Your problem is you are too busy holding onto your unworthiness.” – Ram Dass
89. “Growth begins when we start to accept our own weakness.” – Jean Vanier
90. “You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving yourself and see what happens.” – Louise Hay
91. “How can we embrace rest and play if we’ve tied our self-worth to what we produce?” – Brene Brown
92. “When you start to build self-worth and redeem your magnificence, the fears go away; you void your fears via your realization of your own self-worth.” – Lee Carroll
93. “If you have to convince someone to stay with you then they have already left.” – Shannon L. Alder
94. “If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.” – T. Harv Eker
95. “What a tiring way to live, when your self-worth is constantly relying on the affirmation and approval of others.” – Darlene Zschech
96. “Self-esteem is that deep-down inside our skin feeling you have of your own self-worth.” – Dennis Waitley
97. “Our motive is not to prove our self-worth but to live up to our possibilities.” – Nathaniel Branden
98. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
99. “Other people’s opinions of you do not have to become your reality.” – Les Brown
100. “If you wish to achieve worthwhile things in your personal and career life, you must become a worthwhile person in your own self-development.” – Brian Tracy
101. “A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success.” – Joyce Brothers
102. “The past is not simply the past, but a prism through which the subject filters his own changing self-image.” – Doris Kearns Goodwin
103. “A positive self-image has little relationship to our material circumstances.” – Ezra Taft Benson
104. It is important to stay positive because beauty comes from the inside out.” – Jenn Proske
105. “Beauty is when you can appreciate yourself. When you love yourself, that’s when you’re most beautiful.” – Zoe Kravitz
106. “Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.” – Anne Lamott
107. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha11
108. “Document the moments you feel most in love with yourself, what you were wearing, who you were around, what you’re doing. Recreate and repeat.” – Warsan Shire
109. “You’ve got to love yourself first. You’ve got to be okay on your own before you can be okay with somebody else.” – Jennifer Lopez
110. “Distortions control my self-image as they do for a lot of us. It’s irrational.” – Ron Perlman
111. “I have come to believe that caring for myself is not self-indulgent. Caring for myself is an act of survival.” – Audre Lorde
112. “In case you forgot to remind yourself this morning… your butt is perfect. Your smile lights up the room. Your mind is insanely cool. You are more than enough. And you are doing an amazing job in life.” – L.K. Elliott
113. “To me, self-esteem is not self-love. It is self-acknowledgement, as in recognizing and accepting who you are.” – Amity Gaige